I currently live in Vancouver, BC with my wife Ursula and work as an Artist in the video game industry.
During my career, I have held several different roles in the media and entertainment industries. I was an instructor across the gaming, digital media and photographic fields at two prominent colleges where I taught and composed curriculum. I have been contracted on a number of motion capture projects including film shorts for Heritage Canada. While in studio, modeling, texturing, lighting and world building has been my focus. My most recent endeavours have been working with international clients on a freelance basis, which I have been enjoying quite immensely.
Additionally I have also pursued another passion, photography, concentrating on landscapes. My photos have been featured by The Newfoundland Tourism Association.
My goal has always been to produce great solid artwork and have fun while doing it.
- Snow material & shader set I created for PvZ: BfN. https://t.co/MhLGpKzoFm via @ArtStationHQ #SubstanceDesigner… https://t.co/c3PTgmJ47j 4 February 2021 at 9:55 PM
- Lava material I created for PvZ: BfN. https://t.co/kufcCQmr85 via @ArtStationHQ #SubstanceDesigner #Stylized… https://t.co/KT5vlNx3r2 4 February 2021 at 9:54 PM
- An ocean shader I created for PvZ: BfN. https://t.co/J6nIr2wSOh via @ArtStationHQ #SubstanceDesigner #Stylized… https://t.co/SymrAmI95x 4 February 2021 at 9:53 PM
- An ooze material & shader set I created for PvZ: BfN. https://t.co/AVCdmCpcip via @ArtStationHQ #SubstanceDesigner… https://t.co/5s9hoPwycH 4 February 2021 at 9:52 PM
- Various environement materials I created for PvZ: BfN. https://t.co/n54df01qjJ via @ArtStationHQ… https://t.co/NmMvmCcm6X 4 February 2021 at 9:50 PM
- Pen & Ink Tree https://t.co/yn9ADrAgZa 24 February 2019 at 6:46 AM
- #Inktober #Inktober2018 Day 17 https://t.co/yHUu1HuI57 18 October 2018 at 6:22 AM
- #Inktober #Inktober2018 Day 15 https://t.co/glN36AjnDJ 16 October 2018 at 6:53 AM
- #Inktober #Inktober2018 Day 14 https://t.co/AqR4xqOZ1V 15 October 2018 at 6:44 AM
- #Inktober #Inktober2018 Day 11 https://t.co/jyGl7nExPr 12 October 2018 at 6:36 AM
Travis is a very creative and motivated artist. Considering he was thrown into our pipeline with very little ramp up time, he proved very quickly that he can tackle any task at hand. Very quick learner and easy to get along with. Hope to work with him again in the future sometime.Martin Konopa
Travis and I worked together a few times during the course of our project, primarily when I was helping direct the layout and set dressing of levels in the game. Travis was always willing to take constructive suggestions with good grace – even from non-artists! He held himself to a high standard – on more than one occasion staying extra late to get the job done to his satisfaction. I hope to work with Travis again!Maria Hamilton
Travis joined the Pirates world art team in Sep 2010 and ramped up so quickly we were soon able to assign him ownership of certain interiors and standalone levels in the game. He quietly and methodically did his work to a very high standard and did whatever it took to meet his deadlines. The art team was also required to work with outsource vendors and direct artists assigned to create assets needed for the game. Travis adapted to this new level of complexity in his workflows like a true professional. It was a pleasure working with Travis and I have no hesitation recommending him to any 3D art team.Liesl Glover
It was a great pleasure to work with Travis at A.C.R.O.N.Y.M. – in addition to a great positive attitude he has a fine attention to detail that ensured he delivered great results on a regular basis. His willingness and dedication to improve his skills on a consistent basis was refreshing and great to work against; I knew I could always depend on him. He has a great art background, followed up with great photographic experience making him a strong 3D artist. I recommend him highly, and look forward to the next opportunity to work with him again!Ted Nugent
Travis’s forward thinking and comprehension of course material added to the program and success of its students. His professional nature and creative ideas enriched the improvements to the program and assisted in making my work days a “calmer sailing sea”. I have always admired his skills with PhotoShop and attention to modeling details in 3D Studio Max. Travis is a powerhouse of an artist and an educator.Michael Irwin
Travis is a dependable, highly knowledgable and a pleasure to work with. He is a great leader with a passion for teaching that is always visible in his teams work. Travis is a huge asset to any level art team.Andre Santos
I have had the pleasure of working with Travis on many different projects in the past. His insight and recommendations are always highly valued by his peers. He shows time and time again that he is a very competent game artist. His work is solid all around and it is done right the first time. He is reliable, and accountable as a team mate, and I have greatly enjoyed working with him. I have no hesitation recommending him to any art team as he always delivers to spec and on time.Casey Baldwin